The JLT Dirt Bike Insurance policy provides fire, theft and damage whilst in transit coverage.
What does this policy cover me for?
The Dirt Bike Insurance policy provides cover for your off road bike (including any accessory attached to it) as well as your custom made trailer (this cover is optional and is only effective if shown in your schedule) in the event of loss or damage caused by the following events anywhere in Australia:
- Damage to the bike while in transit – caused by collision, impact or overturning or jack-knifing of the conveying vehicle, and/or trailer attached to that conveying vehicle, which is transporting your bike;
- Theft of the bike – provided that the bike is secured by a chain, lock or other security device at the time of the theft and stored within a fully enclosed building, shipping container or enclosed and locked trailer.
- Fire, lightning, explosion, storm, rainwater, flood and earthquake.
What is not covered by this policy?
This policy does not cover the following:
- Damage caused while loading and unloading your bike onto or from conveyance or trailer;
- Wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical or electrical breakdown;
- Damage caused during use of your bike; and
- Any legal liability whatsoever.
This policy does not cover your bike whilst in use.
Are there any important policy conditions that I should be aware of?
The following important conditions apply to your cover:
- Your bike must be secured with a lock or chain or other security device at all times when not in use; and
- Your bike must be stored within a fully locked and enclosed building, shipping container or enclosed and locked trailer when kept at the garaging address.
This is only a summary of the cover provided. For full details of the cover including policy conditions and exclusions, please refer to the Dirt Bike Insurance Policy Wording available on this website.
How much will my policy cost?
The premium is based on the market value of your bike (including non-standard accessories if cover is selected). To find out how much you have to pay use the online quoting system or give us a call on 1300 117 131.
Basis of claims settlement
The insurer can choose either to repair, replace, pay you the cost of repairing your bike or pay you up to the current market value (or replace your bike with one of similar make, model and condition if less than 12 months old and you are the original owner) – less the appropriate excess. Settlement includes accessories fitted to your bike which are not standard for that make and model if cover for non-standard accessories is selected.
What policy excess will I have to pay if I make a claim?
Standard Excess – $250 (applies all claims except Theft claims).
Theft Excess – $500.
How do I arrange cover?
Cover can be taken out on line by going to our online application. Alternatively you can call us on 1300 117 131 to take out cover over the phone or complete the attached application form in full and forward it to us at the address shown. No contract is entered into and therefore no insurance cover applies until your payment and application form is received and accepted by us.
Who do I contact if I have a question?
We have dedicated staff on hand to answer your questions.